Killiney golf club Dublin

Killiney golf course Dublin

Killiney Golf Course

Killiney Club Crest

Killiney Golf Club was founded in 1903 making it one of the oldest clubs in Dublin. It is, a very mature 9-hole Parkland with different tee boxes an all but the 1st and 10th holes. The fairways are tree lined and bunkers play a big part in defending this relatively short course from the advances of technology, with a Par of 70 the course record still stands at 68.

The course has magnificent views of Dublin Bay and Killiney Bay in particular. If you are not on your game then these views not to be found anywhere else will more than compensate. Combine a good round of golf with the magnificent views and relax and enjoy the 19th and reflect on the day's golf.

Green Fees Midweek: €40
Green Fees Weekends & B.H.: €40
Green Fees with a Member: €20
Green Fees for Opens: €15
Practice Area: Yes
Club Hire: Yes
Buggy Hire: €12/20
Yes
Soft Spikes: Yes
Course Type Parkland
No Holes 9
Members 700
Designer Eddie Connaughton
Founded 1903
Address

Ballinclea Road,
Killiney,
Co. Dublin

Telephone 01-2852823
Email killineygolfclub@eircom.net
Website Killiney golf club website
Secretary/Manager: Niall Keyes
Captain: Brendan Seaver
Lady Captain: Diane Browne
President: Valerie Hand
Vice-Captains': George O'Connell & Irene Campbell
Hon. Secretary:

Roisin McCarron, Brendan Conway & Mieke McNamara

Club Pro: Leo Hynes
Hon. Treasurer:  Sean Hayes, Eoin MacManus, & Cora Quinn
Comp. Secretary: Frank Brennan & Kathryn Harbison 
Killiney Golf Course Layout Course Layout

Location Map

GPS Coord*
Lat:53.264084
Long:-6.125865
*Please check information before travelling

General Facts & Information

Course opening hours: Daylight hours Clubhouse opening hours: 10.00am to 11.00pm
Mobile phones: Not on course
Dress Code: Neat and casual, no denim
Catering: Full catering, facilities  Days to Avoid: Weekends, Thursdays & Tuesdays am
Green Fees and Societies Welcome: Other times Pre-booking for open Tournaments: N/A

Killiney Golf Club Fixtures 2021 provisional*

Open & Major Fixtures 2021 (to be Confirmed)        
Event Start Finish Type Duration
President's Prize to the Ladies Thursday
  Closed 1
Lady Captain's Prize Day 1
Sunday 6 June Monday 7 June
Closed 2
Lady Captain's Prize Day 1 Monday 7 June   Closed 1
Lady Captain's Prize Friday 11 June   Closed 1
President's Prize Saturday 12 June   Closed 1
Lady Captain's Prize to the Men
Saturday 10 July   Closed 1
Captain's Prize to the Ladies Thursday 19 August   Closed 1
Captain's Prize (Q) Saturday 21 August Sunday 22 August Closed 2
Captain's Prize (Q) Sunday 22 August   Closed 1
Captain's Prize Saturday 4 September
  Closed 1
Killiney Invitation Mixed (Max 34 Handicap) Sunday 9 May Friday 14 May Invite 6
Killiney Invitation Mixed (Max 34 Handicap) Monday 10 May   Invite 1
Killiney Invitation Mixed (Max 34 Handicap) Tuesday 11 May   Invite 1
Killiney Invitation Mixed (Max 34 Handicap) Wednesday 12 May   Invite 1
Killiney Invitation Mixed (Max 34 Handicap) Thursday 13 May   Invite 1
Killiney Invitation Mixed (Max 34 Handicap) Friday 14 May   Invite 1

*Please check information before travelling

Card of the Course

KeyData
Red Par 73 SSS 72 5,743 yd's
Green Par 72 SSS 69 6,032 yd's
Blue Par 70 SSS 70 6,273 yd's

Card

Hole No. Blue Green Par Index Red Par Index
1 383 372 4 6
380 5
12
2 403
392 4 8/13 390
4
2
3 388 377 4 3
268 4 12
4 362 358 4 9
352 4 4
5 138 131 3 15 106 3 18
6 486
481 5 17 448 5 8
7 178 167 3 5 169 3 10
8 445 439 4 1
423
5
16
9 344 336 4 11
320 4 2
Out 3,127 3,053 35   2,860 36  
10 383 372 4 8 340 4 7
11 442 436 4 2 427 5 15
12 342 328 4 14 312 4 5
13 416 358 4 4 343 4 3
14 155 144 3 16 144 3 13
15 464 444 5 18 451 5 9
16 167 133 3 12 117 3 17
17 410 403 4 10 385
4
1
18 367 361 4 6 273 4 11
In 3,146 2,979
35   2,883 37  
Total 6,273 6,032 70   5,743 73  
SSS 70 69     72    

Notable rounds

Men's Course Record Am: 65 Dermot McCarthy (4) 21/07/2007, Pro: 65 Harry Bradshaw

Ladies Course Record: 75 Emer Kirwin (4) 9/10/2008

Members Achievements

Killiney Golf Club won the Old Conna Senior Invitation Trophy in 2005, when the team was, H. Wann, S. O'Connor, V. Dillon, P. McMeel. R. Copsey, J. Riseley, T. McCourt, D. McManus, J. MacAvin, D. Cronin, J. Whiston, J. Nagle, E. Blackstock, P. Carter and K. Madden, T. McGovern they were managed by D. O'Shaughnessy 

Killiney Golf Club won the All-Ireland BartonShield in 1929.

They won the Leinster Final of the Irish Junior Cup in 1930.

They won the Barton Cup in 1914.

They won the Bloom Cup in 1970, when the team was P. E. Doris, G. Chadwick, M. Collins, G. H. Crawford, E. N. Webb, T. A. Martin, G. W. Kennedy, R. G. Large, A. C. Preston, H. R. Robinson, H. R. Roe and A. O'Rourke.

They won it again in 1977, when the team was, A. H. Murphy, S. O'Connor, M. Glynn, M. Green, N. S. Blake, P. D. Bardon, J. Bailie, J. O'Connell, J. Green, W. Bolger, B. Doyle, J. G. Lyons, R. Wilson, A. O'Rourke, E. A. Conway, M. G. Bell, B. Molloy and R. G. Walsh, they were managed by G. H. Crawford.

They won the Fitzgibbon Cup in 1988, when the team was, P. Bardon, M. Risley, S. O'Connor, E. Lennon, J. Fitzgerald, J. Bailie, K. Bardon, J. Byrne, B. Molloy, N. Duke, J. Connaughton, they were managed by R. Kane. They also won it in 1973 and 1990.

They won the Dublin Team Trophy in 1981, when the team was H. Keegan, P. D. Bardon, B. Molloy, L. H. Malone and D. G. Carroll.

The Boys' of Killiney Golf Club won the Leinster Final of the Irish Club Youths in 1989.

Members who played representative golf for Country or Province;

M. Riseley represented Ireland at Irish Boys' level in 1988 playing 4-times won 2-matches halved one and lost 2-matches accumulating 5-points;

N. Duke represented Ireland at Senior (55+) from 2007 to 2008 playing 10-times won 3-matches halved one and lost 6-matches accumulating 7-points;

T. D. Purcell* represented Leinster at Senior Interprovincial level in 1939;

P. O’Brien represented Leinster as a Youth Interprovincial from 1988 to 1990 playing 7-times won 1-match and lost 6-matches accumulating 2-points;

L. A. Owens represented Leinster as a Youth Interprovincial from 1969 to 1970 playing 4-times won 1-matches and lost 3-matches accumulating 2-points;

History of Killiney

The Irish Golfer, May 20, 1903.

The magazine went on: “A subsequent meeting was held on June 9th 1902, when it was announced that 41 gentlemen had subscribed to the guarantee fund. At the meeting, three trustees, viz Captain E P Stewart, Mr George C Ashlin and Mr George F Stewart, were appointed with power to acquire the land and a committee of seven was elected to draft rules for approval.”

Possession of most of the land, which was procured originally on a 21-year lease, was obtained by early January, 1903, at which stage construction work was intensified. The remaining portion of land was acquired on April 9th 1903 and, one suspects that a hectic, 11th-hour scramble took place before the full course was opened for play on Easter Monday.

Instituted 1902 affiliated 1904

The founding members and first trustees of Killiney Golf Club were Capt. E. P. Stewart. Mr. George Cashin, and Mr. George E. Steward, who in 1902 had James McKenna, the professional at Carrickmines Golf Club, inspect the proposed course. McKenna pronounced the land suitable and a lease was taken out on the ground. They called a meeting, which was attended by 49 founder members who guaranteed funding for three years. The course was open for play on Easter Monday, 1903, designed by James McKenna.

By 1904, the club had 188 members and 169 lady associates, together with juvenile and temporary members. The war years took its toll on the club and the members were circulated, to the effect, the club would have to close, become a proprietarily concern or increase the subscription to four guineas for ten years. About fifty members responded and the club was saved.

In 1924, the club bought the course, which allowed golf to be played on Sundays. The first Secretary of Killiney Golf Club was Mr. S. Martin who built a house beside the course, so as to give his full attention to the club.

What the Club tells us:

Killiney Pioneers - L to R: HG Moore, A. Sims, G. Hunter, Dr. V. Boland, E. Ross Todd, R. Ross Todd, Happy Dalton and F. O'Kelly.

There were no green fields where golfing pioneers could conjure images of lush fairways and challenging greens. Instead, what the founders saw in those fateful, embryonic days of a century ago, was a mass of furze, gorse, heather, hedges and rock. Yet instinctively, they felt sure they had found a worthy home for the Royal and Ancient game.

By the time workman and horse had ploughed through the mud and splashed through the slush of winter in a grinding process of reclamation, an appropriate transformation had been achieved for the official opening on Easter Monday, 1903. And the founders’ wisdom was vindicated in every respect.

The first step had been taken in the summer of 1902, when three men of vision decided they would form a golf club at Killiney. They were Captain E P Stewart of Laragh, George C Ashlin of St George’s, and George F Stewart of Summer Hill, all residents of the village and leading members of what might be described as the local gentry.

Town Hall Killiney.

Ignatius John Rice, whose address was Rose Lawn, Ballybrack, was also a highly influential figure, even though it was 1907 before he joined the club. A solicitor by profession, he was lawyer to Dublin Corporation for many years and was to become a trustee of the club, along with Beamish A Morrison.

In the event, though the golfing brethren of Carrickmines had beaten Killiney to it with their launch in 1900, Delgany would not have its own club until 1908 and a similar development wouldn’t hap- pen at Dun Laoghaire until two years further down the road. Indeed, Woodbrook would be forced to wait until 1927.

“The Irish Golfer” of May 20th, 1903, informs us that the decision to form a club was taken at a meeting of the residents, held in the Town Hall, Killiney on the 5th June 1902. It further states that a so-called guarantee fund was proposed, guarantees to be £5 per year for three years and the guarantors to be the first members of the club, with power to frame rules and undertake all other relevant decisions.

The Irish Golfer, May 20, 1903.

The magazine went on: “A subsequent meeting was held on June 9th 1902, when it was announced that 41 gentlemen had subscribed to the guarantee fund. At the meeting, three trustees, viz Captain E P Stewart, Mr George C Ashlin and Mr George F Stewart, were appointed with power to acquire the land and a committee of seven was elected to draft rules for approval.”

Possession of most of the land, which was procured originally on a 21-year lease, was obtained by early January, 1903, at which stage construction work was intensified. The remaining portion of land was acquired on April 9th 1903 and, one suspects that a hectic, 11th-hour scramble took place before the full course was opened for play on Easter Monday.

Mr. W. Hone approaches the fifth green. 1904.

It presented a breathtaking sight. At that time, the south-eastern coastline of this fair land, was renowned far and wide for its scenery. We are told that “On a fine summer’s day, the views from Kingstown to Bray and even further southward, are unrivalled in their magnificence.” Among the gems were Dalkey Harbour and Killiney Bay, with Dublin Bay itself completing a glorious vista. And among a glittering array of beauty spots, Killiney Hill reigned supreme.

“The Irish Field”, which was noted for its golf coverage at that time, expressed the view that Greystones and Delgany, each possessed its own distinctive charm, but “it is doubtful if there is a lovelier spot anywhere in Ireland where golf is played, than Killiney.”

Against that background, we shouldn’t be surprised that within a month, the club could boast a remarkable influx of members totalling upwards of 300, including lady associates. And by the end of the year, the numbers had grown to 188 members and 169 associates, a total of 357 in all. We are informed that there were also juvenile and temporary members.

Broomstick holder of the early 1900s displaying a selection of clubs as used by Killiney members of the era.

Even at that early stage, the club was developing a reputation as a nursery for new, young golfers, so much so that a member of the Golfing Union of Ireland, living close by, dubbed it the "Kindergarten.”

Apart from Killiney itself, the membership came from Kingstown, and were founder members Monkstown, Sandycove and Glenageary. Others came Dalkey, Booterstown and Blackrock.

Broomstick holder of the early 1900s displaying a selection of clubs as used by Killiney members of the era.

There were members from Sydney Parade and Ballybrack and from Loughlinstown. And quite a few enthusiasts came from Shankhill, close to the site where Woodbrook GC would establish a home. Others had addresses in Clyde Road and in Merrion Square and when the word spread, newcomers arrived from Donnybrook and from various parts of Dublin city. There was even a certain R St George Carroll, with an address at the National Bank, College Green, while some of the lady associates had addresses as far afield as Athenry and Chelsea.

For the most part, however, the early members came from Killiney whose residents considered it almost a civic duty to support the local golf club, even if they had only a passing interest in the game. As the well-heeled owner of a big house in Killiney, with four or five servants, you automatically sought membership. It was the fashionable thing to do at a time when interest in golf was growing dramatically throughout these islands.

A rather primitive clubhouse was built midway between the then second tee and green, but the structure would later stand to the right of a new clubhouse and serve as a shop for professional, Tom Gaffney. That was when the founders acquired one of the pavilions from the Dublin Exhibition, just as other golf clubs, such as Greystones and Carrickmines had done, along with Monkstown RFC.

With its various extensions and modifications, it proved to be an enduring beauty. Indeed more than 50 years on, Terry O’Sullivan, revered diarist in the “Evening Press”, was moved to write: “We were literally astonished at the view from the clubhouse of Killiney Golf Club. We had thought that Howth was THE view club ... but now that we have seen Killiney, this is it.”

The first clubhouse was of a rather rudimentary nature. This had much to do with the prudent spending of the inaugural committee, who could feel proud of having paid for all the initial development work out of the first year’s income. The Royal Bank in Kingstown, agreeing to an overdraft of £250 for six months.

This had to do with the construction of a new, purpose-built clubhouse which, we are told, nestled “between a clump of tall trees, with the Dublin hills to the right and Killiney itself to the left and the undulating course stretching in front.”

Killiney Clubhouse, 1916.

The building, designed by none other than R C Orpen, a celebrated architect of that period, was constructed by the company of George Bower of Ballybrack, which remained involved with the club over the ensuing decades. According to “The Irish Golfer”, the club- house design, in the so-called Empire style, lent itself to “extension admirably.” In the event, Bowers agreed on a fee of £950 in February 1926, for alterations and additions to the clubhouse.

Meanwhile, at a meeting of the Central Council of the Golfing Union of Ireland (Leinster Branch), held at the clubhouse, Portmarnock, on the 17th May 1904, it was proposed by Harold E Reade and seconded by E B Dillon, that Killiney Golf Club be affiliated to the Union.

Club pioneer, S Martin Ashlin, Killiney's first hon. Secretary, whose father George was a founding member.

Here was an establishment which had clearly been blessed with the quality of its early officers, especially the Ashlin family. While George was a member of the founding triumvirate, his son, S Martin, was the inaugural honorary secretary, who took his duties so seriously that he built himself a house as close as possible to the course, so as to give affairs of the club his undivided attention. W W Orr, with an address at Desmond, Killiney, was the inaugural honorary treasurer, who also applied himself to his work with admirable zeal.

Killiney lady members, 1922

So it was that the club progressed satisfactorily, until the outbreak of the Great War in Europe in 1914. From an Irish standpoint, it meant, among other things, that the Royal Dublin links at Dollymount was turned into a musketry range for the British Army. And by way of response, Killiney decided in November of that year that members of Royal Dublin would be granted the status of honorary members and would be eligible to play in club medals and sweepstakes. The gesture was warmly acknowledged by the club’s north city brethren.

In common with most other clubs, however, Killiney were not immune from the impact of the War. In March 1915, on a report of the Finance House Committee, these instructions were given:

  1. The secretary’s salary to be reduced to £40.
  2. The money paid to Mrs Cameron for extra maid on Sundays and Bank Holidays to be discontinued.
  3. The professional is not to order anything for the club until estimates have been passed by the committee.
  4. The prizes for monthly  medals shall be the entrance fees but not more than 12 shillings in each class.
  5. That in consequence of the number of members absent owing to the European War, a limited number of ladies and gentlemen be admitted by ballot without entrance fee.
  6. The price of stout and beer to be raised to 4d per bottle.
  7. The supply of small towels to the men’s dressing room to be discontinued and these towels to be used in the ladies’ room instead of the larger ones used there at present.
  8. The linen serviettes not to be used for the present, but paper serviettes to be provided.
  9. The fire in the general room not to be lit until 1.0 pm, except on Sundays and in the ladies’ room, not until actually required.
  10. The tariff for teas to be raised as follows, Tea, bread and butter 6d; Tea, bread, butter and jam 7d; Same with hot cakes 8d; Tea and biscuits 4 1/2 d.

In September of 1915, a further notice was posted advising members that soldiers should be entertained at The Scalp, on some suitable date. A month later, a resolution of sympathy was sent to relatives of Capt J E Lynch, of 7 Longford Terrace, Monkstown, a member since 1907 when he joined as a lieutenant, who was killed in action in France.

Other clubs suffered more profundly. For instance, Riverside, a pleasant, nine-hole establishment beside Portmarnock village, failed to survive World War I. Nor did Stillorgan Park, which was located close by the St John of God Hospital and where Willie Holley, a one-time assistant and later professional at Killiney, served as professional for four years.

Ironically, the demise of Stillorgan Park, around 1917, helped the survival of Killiney, when many of their disenfranchised members sought a new home. As it happened, matters also reached crisis point at Killiney in 1917 when, in April of that year, a special general meeting was called “to take the necessary steps to wind up” the club.

The committee decided that “owing to the greatly reduced revenue, it is quite impossible to continue without incurring a considerable debt by the end of the year.”

 

Extract from old Minute Book - The Golfing Union of Ireland.

When the meeting was convened, the following amendment was adopted, “The Committee, having convened this meeting by a circular letter dated 7th ultimo, setting out the present position of the club and that in their opinion there seemed to be no prospect of successfully carrying it on without the gravest risk of finishing with a large debit balance, but that if the club should close down immediately, it is possible there will be no loss to be met by the members.”

The amendment went on suggest that if 75 members un took to pay £4 per year for the following four years, to include their subscription and locker rents   (thereby assuring income of £300 a year for subscriptions), the Committee would be able to keep the open  until  the  next  occasion when  the  option  to  surrender the lease arrived.

If, on the other hand, only 45 members agreed to give the suggested guarantee, “this meeting is of the opinion that the Committee should summon a Special General Meeting of the club, to pass a resolution to dissolve the club. If that resolution were passed, the trustees of the club would be authorised and requested to take over the assets of the club, “subject to the liabilities thereof but without further consideration to the members of the club whose names are appended hereto (and such other members who may be willing to join them) who have stated their willingness to form a proprietary club, to carry on the objects of this club.”

Beamish Morrison

They would also undertake to carry on the objects of the club and to keep the course open for at least the remainder of that year. They would re-elect as associate members, those members who had already paid their subscriptions for the year.

Later that month, matters had obviously eased considerably insofar as the committee were in a position to report that the annual subscription of £4 not apply after “provided the revenue from other sources is sufficient.”

At a special general meeting on May 19th, revised financial statement was read and the upshot was that “the Committee be authorised to carry on the club.” A month later, it was decided to buy a new, 30-inch Pony mowing machine and repair one of  the existing “horse” machines at a total cost of £11.19s.

The August bank statement of 1917 showed that the account was £96.11.5 in credit. Killiney GC was solvent once more.

Soon the Great War had become no more than a bad memory. And by November of 1923, members would have scoffed at the notion of club closure. In fact, they resolved at a special meeting to buy the upper portion of the course. And by January of 1924, with the lease due to expire, the purchase of the entire course for a sum of £2,000, was set in train.

By November 1925, the greater portion of the course was purchased and a 21-year lease of the ground occupied by the seventh and eighth holes was signed. And it is highly revealing that the entire cost of this venture was borne out of club funds. Then came a decision to extend the clubhouse through the addition of a sun lounge, card room and more adequate locker and dressing room accommodation.

These were completed in 1926, by which stage the membership had grown to 400 of whom 150 were lady associates. And “The Irish Field” was prompted to remark that they functioned as “a big, happy family, among the most enthusiastic of the huge fraternity of golfers who have sprung up all around the county since the name was first given to this club by its founders.”

George 'Dinty' Moore and fellow club members gather to play.

An opportunity for further development occurred in 1931 when land adjoining the first fairway became available. So it was that 12 acres were bought for £600, paving the way for a major restructuring of the course which prepared it for a new era in the game.

Its status had been enhanced significantly at that time by the fact that Beamish Morrison was president of the GUI from 1929 to 1931. Indeed, Morrison proved to be a tremendous servant to the game at club and national level, a fact which was acknowledged by grateful colleagues at Killiney when they elected him an honorary life member at the 1946 annual general meeting, when Dick Belton became captain.

Roll of Honour

Member Year Hon. Position
Mrs. E. Crighton-Kirwan 1989 Ladies Captain
K. J. Blake 1989 Men's Captain
L. G. Andrews 1989 President
R. G. Walsh 1990 Men's Captain
L. G. Andrews 1990 President
Mrs. A. V. Hunter 1991 Ladies Captain
R. J. Clinton 1991 Men's Captain
R. Colquhoun 1991 President
Mrs. N. Jordan 1992 Ladies Captain
W. E. Fahy 1992 Men's Captain
R. Colquhoun 1992 President
Mrs. M. Clarke 1993 Ladies Captain
P. L. Lowry 1993 Men's Captain
R. Colquhoun 1993 President
Mrs. H. Jordan 1994 Ladies Captain
C. M. O'Herlihy 1994 Men's Captain
D. J. Mangan 1994 President
Mrs. M. Cummins 1995 Ladies Captain
O. J. Kavanagh 1995 Men's Captain
D. J. Mangan 1995 President
Hilary Kavanagh 1996 Ladies Captain
R. B. Airey 1996 Men's Captain
D. J. Mangan 1996 President
Pauline Martin 1997 Ladies Captain
P. J. Kavanagh 1997 Men's Captain
G. A. O'Mahony 1997 President
Mrs. V. Hand 1998 Ladies Captain
A. S. Jordan 1998 Men's Captain
G. A. O'Mahony 1998 President
Mrs Margaret Black-Stock 1999 Ladies Captain
Edward J. Black-Stock 1999 Men's Captain
G. A. O'Mahony 1999 President
Terry Kirwan 2000 Ladies Captain
John Green 2000 Men's Captain
R. J. Clinton 2000 President
U. Grogan 2001 Ladies Captain
Maurice Fenton 2001 Men's Captain
R. J. Clinton 2001 President
E. Varian 2002 Ladies Captain
Donal O'Meara 2002 Men's Captain
S. H. Pigot 2002 President
I. Bardon 2003 Ladies Captain
Ronnie Kane 2003 Men's Captain
S. H. Pigot 2003 President
Terry Purcell-Green 2004 Ladies Captain
Jim Byrne 2004 Men's Captain
Ronnie Kane 2004 President
Clodagh Kinsella 2005 Ladies Captain
Tom McGovern 2005 Men's Captain
Ronnie Kane 2005 President
Louise Mahon 2006 Ladies Captain
David Allman 2006 Men's Captain
Ronnie Kane 2006 President
Vonnie McLoughlin 2007 Ladies Captain
Jerry McSweeney 2007 Men's Captain
John Morgan 2007 President
Maeve Davit 2008 Ladies Captain
Brendan Piggott 2008 Men's Captain
John Morgan 2008 President
Brenda Sheehan 2009 Ladies Captain
Jim Mountjoy 2009 Men's Captain
Eddie Blackstock 2009 President
Anne Austin 2010 Ladies Captain
Michael Thunder  2010 Men's Captain
Eddie Blackstock 2010 President
Grainne O'Donovan 2011 Ladies Captain
Willow Murray 2011 Men's Captain
Palmer Carter 2011 President
Anne Waldron 2012 Ladies Captain
Paul Kirwan 2012 Men's Captain
Palmer Carter 2012 President
Teresa Connaughton 2013 Ladies Captain
Larry Sherin 2013 Men's Captain
Karl Strecker 2013 President
Emer Kirwan 2014 Ladies Captain
Tony Harbison 2014 Men's Captain
Karl Strecker 2014 President
Carolyn McGovern 2015 Ladies Captain
Ken McCullagh 2015 Men's Captain
Brendan Pigott
2015 President
Claire Blake 2016 Ladies Captain
Gordon Horsfield
2016 Men's Captain
Brendan Pigott 2016 President
Aisling Sherin 2017 Ladies Captain
Michael Purcell 2017 Men's Captain
Ken McCullagh 2017 President
Brendan McAndrew 2018 Ladies Captain
Keara McAndrew 2018 Men's Captain
Carmel O'Brien 2018 President
Miriam McCullagh 2019 Ladies Captain
Brendan Barrett 2019 Men's Captain
Michael Thunder 2019 President
Diane Browne 2020 Ladies Captain
Brendan Seaver 2020 Men's Captain
Valerie Hand 2020 President
  2021 Ladies Captain
  2021 Men's Captain
  2021 President
  2021 Lowest Ladies Handicap
Nigel Duke (1) 2021 Lowest Men's Handicap

Holes in One at Killiney

Member Date Hole No. Club Used Distance
E. Fahy 24 July 1999 14th   104 m
James Meade 4 April 2000 13th Albatross 377 m
Margaret McKee 6 September 2001 5th   109 m
Tom Brett 5 March 2002 7th   140 m
T. Kirwan 7 September 2002 16th   118 m
David Allman 2003 7th   140 m
Bernice Ringrose 28 March 2004 5th   105 m
Kevin Meagher 2004 16th   183 m
Maurice Buckley 2004 7th   140 m
Paul Murphy 2004 5th   165 m
Eimer McGovern 20 March 2005 5th   105 m
Joe Nagle 2005 7th   140 m
Richelle Carroll 2005 5th   109 m
Mary Cummins 2006 5th   109 m
Audrey Hunter 2007 16th   118 m
Claire Blake 2007 7th   169 m
Tommy Buckley 2007 7th   140 m
James Whiston 2008 7th   140 m
Derek Proctor 2008 5th   165 m
Frank Brennan 6 September 2008 16th   183 m
Geoff Barry 28 March 2009 16th   183 m
Paddy Kavanagh 2099 7th   140 m
Geoff Barry 2009 16th   183 m
Jim Byrne 2009 14th   104 m
Nigel Duke 2009 5th   165 m
David Devine 2009 14th   104 m
Graham Molloy 2009 7th   140 m
Marcus Clery 2009 7th   140 m
Graham Molloy 2010 5th   165 m
Sean Pigot 2010 5th   165 m
Clodagh Kinsella 2010 5th   109 m
Michael Thunder 2010 5th   165 m
Tom Wallace 1 May 2016 16th   183 m
Mary Cummins 12 May 2016 16th   117 m
Ciara McCarthy 17 June 2016 5th   106 m
Paul Kirwan 2017 5th   138
Enda Allen 26 August 2017 7th   140 m
Harold Wann 18 August 2018
7th
  167 yd's
Deirdre McDonagh 2018
5th
  106 yd's
Deirdre McDonagh
2018
16th
  117 yd's
Cora Lawler 2018 5th   106 yd's
Carol Kelly 2018 16th   117 yd's
John Walsh 14 April 2018 7th   167 yd's
Stephen Doris 16 June 2018 14th   144 yd's
Cathy McGovern 27 December 2018 7th   169 yd's
Irene Campbell 12 March 2019 7th   168 yd's
Joe Cullinane 29 May 2019 5th   138 yd's
Palmer Carter 13 July 2019 7th   167 yd's